Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge


A new challenge from Craft Stamper Magazine for March. Phew! Only just made it - literally.
I'm entering this card as I've had a go at the monoprinting with an acrylic block method - featured in the current issue of Craft Stamper. I haven't got an enormous acrylic block so used my Cuttlebug base plate. Handy things those Cuttlebug plates. I use the B plate for extra large stamps too. I used yellow and orange acrylic paints for this and there is a lovely texture like the ripples on the beach when the tide's gone out but I can't get the camera to pick it up. I didn't want to cover it up so have just overstamped in Spiced Marigold DI with the same Sheena Douglass stamp that I used for the image. I coloured this with Promarkers and Spectrum Noirs - cut it out and fiddled about for ages trying to find where I was going to stick it all. Still not happy with it but too late to change once I'd got the glue gel on it. Think it should have been a tall card so I could have extended the 'stalk'.The butterfly circle is a die cut from a crafty friend of mine - must get this die at some point.
Than you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

17 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, this is stunning Beryl. I love the colours you've used, and that stalk seems to be nice and strong to carry a lovely big flower head.

Sue xx

ElizabethR said...

Beryl that's pure sunshine on a card! Gorgeous background, thanks for sharing at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth xxx

brenda said...

What's not to be happy with Beryl, it's a delight and lovely reminder of sunny days ahead - hopefully.

B x

Renee said...

Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It, Make It Challenge. Your card is lovely and really says "summer is on the way"!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the background and the lovely flower image. Have a great day.

Pat said...

Oh Beryl that image is just gorgeous, I love the sun flower and the leaves look so real a truly beautiful card.

Pat xx

craftimamma said...

Well done making it into the challenge Beryl and good luck! Your background is beautiful and so is your colouring on the main image. I understand what you mean about elongating the stem. Funny how we notice an alternative way of doing these things afterwards, a bit like my blog project today which I think has far too much stamping on! Your card is still beautiful though and I love how you positioned the sunflower head on that gorgeous die cut.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Linda said...

Beautiful card Beryl .... glad you made it in time. Thanks for joining in with the Take It, Make It Challenge ... good luck1 Linda xx

shirley-bee said...

Very resourceful, using a Cuttlebug plate! Gorgeous soft shades on your background. Thanks for joining us at Take It Make It challenge!

Trish Latimer said...

Gorgeous bright and summery image! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper blog challenge this month!

ger76 said...

Stunning card, beautiful work x
Thanx for joining in the Craft Stampers Make it Take it challenge!
Ger
Craft Stamper DT

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

beautiful card Beryl, so cheerful , I love sunflowers. janex

Tracy said...

So beautiful Beryl!
Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craft Stampers take it make it challenge
Tracy xox

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I love your background and beautiful sunflower image - the little blue touches are perfect.
Pauline
x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is what we need right now Beryl - a cheerful, colourful Sunflower to brighten up these rainy days! A fabulous card, and a great tip for using the CB plates (never thought of doing that)!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Stunning Beryl, the sunflower is gorgeous but I love the whole colour scheme.
Ann x

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous card Beryl, I just adore the vibrancy of this.
I must admit to not understanding a word of how you made it though (I'm getting so bad with learning new crafting techniques, no hope for me I'm afraid)
Chrissie xx