Sunday, 16 March 2014
CD Sunday - Mother, Mum or Mummy
This week it's the turn of Sue b to choose the theme on the CD Sunday Challenge Blog and it's 'Mother, Mum or Mummy'. For my card I have used a Crafters Companion Frou Frou stamp for the main image and coloured it with Spectrum Noirs and Promarkers. The sentiment is from the same stamp set - and here is a confession. It's not actually attached to the card. I have no reason to make a Mothers day card so will be switching the sentiment to something suitable for my daughter who has a birthday this week.
The bp is from the Frou Frou cd, the die cut at the top is a Spelldinders die and the rose is made from Spellbinders Rose Creations die set. I've been making lots of flowers this last couple of weeks - trying to get them right - years after everyone else seems to have perfected them. I'll keep at it till I'm happy with them this time as I've always given up in the past.
I hope you'll find time to join in - remembering if you do - that this is a CD challenge - so there has to be something from a CD somewhere on your project.
I'm entering this card into the current Fantasy Stampers challenge '#6 Rose Garden'. OK. It's hardly a garden but it's a start.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
A beautifully elegant card for a Mother on any occasion Beryl. I love the delicate background you've used too.
Sue xx
This is a lovely image Beryl. It would be useful for many occasions. I know what you mean about giving up on things. I am like that with Craft Artist I just can't get my head around all the different features. Love the rose too by the way. Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs Wynn xx
This is a gorgeous card Beryl. I've not seen many Frou Frou cards around recently, then all of a sudden in the space of a few days I've made one, you have and so has another blog friend, perhaps we'll start a trend.
I love the image that you have chosen and the pretty papers you have teamed it up with. I think your flower is lovely, it looks like you've perfected them to me.
Pauline
x
I think this is lovely and will make a perfect birthday card for your daughter.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
Beautiful card, love the flowers. I think you did a great job with the flower. Have a good week.
What a pretty card Beryl and also very versatile, lol! Beautiful colouring of the image too.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
Lovely card Beryl, the stamped image is very pretty and your handmade rose is exactly right.
This is really gorgeous Beryl, I like the image and the wonderful colours.
Kevin xx
Hi Beryl, sorry not been visiting lately. Just seen last weeks lovely card, so pretty and love this card also. Love and hugs x ChrisB
Gorgeous card Beryl.
luv
Debby
Lovely card - I'M SURE DD will love it :) You made me chuckle re the rose garden xx Your flower is great too xx
Yet again Blogger didn't show me your new post yesterday Beryl, not just you either had it with several.
Your card is really pretty and feminine and sure you daughter will love it.
Everything is coming well into bud and when I went to the village earlier was amazed how the rape had come on in just a couple of days, one field was really showing yellow today.
B x
What a beautiful card Beryl, the image is gorgeous as is the bp and I love the die cut at the top.
Pat xx
Like your thinking mrs, I have done that a few times myself lol. Its a lovely card, perfect for a Mum or a daughter.
Beryl, what an absolutely gorgeous image. I am so entranced by the sheer romanticism of it. She is graceful and beautiful, the kind of daughter every one wishes they were. I will need to see if I can find that CD somewhere over here. I would like to try some CD images and maybe lighten the load of stamps around here. you did a great job of the rose too. Just stunning!
Sending hugs and blessings, Martha
love your card Beryl , so stylish. Sorry I didn't visit sooner been a bit of a bad week , tell you when we meet up . I've been on face book more. janex
A lovely card, Beryl and I love the handmade rose. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
Gorgeous card Beryl, love that focal image, its a real beauty and your flower is fab!
Claire xx
I do so love this image, such a gorgeous card!! Hugs Juls
Such a beautiful, girly card Beryl and you know this is just my style. Yet another image that's on the CD that I couldn't live without and have used ONCE! Shame on me!
I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long sweetie, where does the time go?
Chrissie xx
Post a Comment