Friday, 7 February 2014

New Home Card


I'm entering this card into the 3rd Fantasy Stampers Challenge which has the theme 'love and cherish'. Now I don't 'do' Valentine cards - for obvious reasons if you know me, so I hope this card qualifies in as much as I hope my daughter will love and cherish the home she is moving into today.
At long last I have got my mitts on the brick background stamp from Impression Obsession and have used Rusty Hinge DI to stamp it. The little words were computer generated and the flowers from my stash. For the die cut swirls I used a piece of mirror card coloured with alcohol inks. One less snippet in the box!
The main image is a Clarity stamp coloured with Promarkers and cut out with an Xcut heart.
Thanks very much for visiting today. I'm off shortly to help with the move. I may be gone sometime!
Beryl xx

13 comments:

brenda said...

I am sure your daughter will love this Beryl and such a lovely idea to use the heart in that way.

B x

brenda said...

I think I left a comment Beryl, but really not sure as it seemed to disappear before I clicked go, so just in case wanted to say lovely card for your daughter.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, good luck to your daughter.

JayBe said...

Wow! I love your interpretation of our theme, Beryl - it's great to see something different. Love the brick background and great layout. I hope your daughter's move went well.

Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

The brick stamp is fab , thought it was a print till I read your post, so useful and effective . A lovely pretty card . janex

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Beryl, and such a great brick stamp too. I'm sure your daughter loved the card.

Sue xx

Pat said...

Fabulous New Home card Beryl, love the great design and your brickwork background is gorgeous. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Christine B. said...

Your cards is lovely Beryl, I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it. Hugs x ChrisB

Sandra Carey said...

Thats Great work Thanks for playing over at Fantasy Stampers Hugs Sandra xx DT

Carol said...

Hi Beryl. Great card and I am with you re Valentines cards etc.
Hugs
Carol
xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card for your daughter Beryl, I love your brick background and wonderful image.
I hope the move went well and that your daughter will be very happy in her new home.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

Love the brickwork background. Lovely card hope DD is settling into her New Homex

craftimamma said...

Fabulous card for a new home which I'm sure your Daughter loved. That brick stamp is amazing. I can see why you wanted it so much.

Hugs
Lesley Xx