Tuesday, 18 February 2014
Another fairy - sort of...
So this isn't how it was going to be but there you go. I was quite pleased with the colouring on this Dimension Fourth stamp to start with. I got some lovely shading on the dress with my Spectrum Noirs (even though the image is quite small) and she looked really 'curvy'. But then I managed to splash some black Gesso on it while I was doing something else. Grr. So I cut the image out and was left with just one speck of gesso on the dress. Not wanting to start over I smothered the dress with a quicky glue pen and dolloped on some Glamour dust. Did her wings while I was at it too.
The pinkish oval, the corner and the butterflies were cut from a background I made ages ago, with Glimmer mists - I think. The words are from a stamp I was given by blogging buddy Jane (jem). As you can see I cut it up and added the words individually. Ribbon and card candy from my stash finish it off. Oh and the bp is from a pack bought from Chocolate Baroque when they were Graphicus.
I'm emtering it into this months challenge at Stamping Sensations - which is 'Wings, Fantasy and Fiction'.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Brilliant save Beryl, lost count of the number of times I have ruined a card!! Love her sparkly dress and the sentiment is perfect with her.Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky
This is a lovely card Beryl, your fairy is fabulous in her glittered dress and boots, I love your sentiment panel - gorgeous colours. You did a great job of rescuing your accident.
Pauline
x
oh Beryl so funny that sounds just like me - do some impressive colouring and then ruin it with a splodge of something. You've saved the day though and ended up with a really cool card. Must remember that cover up trick.
Ann xxx
A fab. card Beryl - you did a perfect job with the Gesso cover-up, but isn't it annoying when those little accidents happen.
The colours are so pretty and I love how you created the sentiment.
Hugs, Sylvia xx
Hi Beryl
I love the sparkly dress .. .. just a shame you had to cover up all you previous shading and colouring :-(
I wonder if those words are true? LOL!!!
Hope you are having a good week.
Love Jules xx
they call it a happy accident, I think the glitter dress looks great so glam , love the sentiment too.
Great talking to you yesterday , waiting to see you box and flowers soon. Got work today and a funeral tomorrow , not good ! janex
Well saved Beryl, this looks stunning with all the glitz.
Sue xx
Great card, well saved. :)
Gorgeous colours Beryl, the turquoise and lilac go so well together, her dress looks great, so sparkly, would never know you had a problem.
Pat xx
I love this Beryl (problem, what problem?) and your choice of sentiment is just perfect with this image too.
Chrissie xx
Well behind here Beryl but as they say better late than never I guess.
Love the image and especially the sentiment, how very true !
Thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.
B x
Well done on rescuing your image Beryl. No one would know of the near miss looking at her now. Fab sentiment too and lovely piece of GM card.
Hugs
Lesley Xx
You recovered her brilliantly, Beryl. I think I'd have binned it in a fit of frustration, just goes to show you should persevere!! The colours are lovely.
The Inkoid retreat was fab, I knew several of them from last year but great to meet the new ones that have come on board, all mad as hatters but then you have to be with Sheena around don't you!! Are you doing any of the coming workshops, I know she has quite a few from now on?
Hugs Lisax
Post a Comment