Sunday, 1 December 2013

CD Sunday - Home Sweet Home


Another scheduled post. Hopefully by the time it's published I'll be just arriving in Port Sunlight for another of Sheena Douglass' brilliant workshops.
It's my turn to choose the theme on the CD Sunday Challenge and this time I've gone with 'Home Sweet Home'.
The main image is a from a Chocolate Baroque set, coloured with Promarkers and then cut out with a Spellbinders die. The sentiment is from a Rubbadubbadoo set, also cut out with Spellbinders dies.
The spotty bp is from the Papercraft Factory CD Dreams Come true and the spotty ribbon is from my stash. The keys were cut, several times, (from a Tim Holtz Sissix set) and layered together to give them a bit of body. The top layer is some embossed gold card.
I hope you'll pop over to the main challenge blog to see what my team mates have made and also join in if you can - remembering of course that you have to use something from a CD and give credit to said CD.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

17 comments:

starcyl said...

Enjoy the workshop Beryl, this is a lovely new home card and I may even have the same set of stamps.
I like the way you have done the keys, a good idea.
Jenny xx

sue-b said...

lovely card Beryl, and a great theme this week. Hope you enjoy your work shop.
sue-b xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this house Beryl, and a great idea with the keys for a new home card. Hope you're having a great day.

Sue T xx

Anne said...

Love you're card Beryl. Hugs x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Have a great time at the workshop.

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card Beryl, I love the polka dot papers and your keys are the perfect embellishment.
I hope you had a fabulous time at Port Sunlight.
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is great Beryl, I like the house the papers and those keys.
Kevin xx

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card Beryl, I do love the keys, great idea using several layers to make them, must remember that, xx

Mistys Mum said...

Fantastic card Beryl - I love the way you made the keys. Enjoy your workshop with Sheena x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Oh wow lucky you!! I hope you enjoyed the workshop. Fab card Beryl. xxx

brenda said...

Back to the C&P I am afraid but wanted to pop in any take a peek at your latest make and say hello.

B x

brenda said...

Back to the C&P I am afraid but wanted to pop in any take a peek at your latest make and say hello.

B x

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for choosing such a great challenge. Hope you enjoyed your workshop. I love the keys - the perfect finishing touch.
Jocelyn x

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Beryl, I especially love the look of those keys.
I hope you enjoyed your workshop, I'm sure you did and I'll be looking forward to you treating us to some new techniques soon sweetie.
Chrissie xx

pinky said...

Love the card Beryl, the quirky matting really sets the house off and the keys are brilliant. I had to laugh out loud at your chicken story lol, really cheered me up!!

lisa said...

Hope you had a great time at the workshop, Beryl, bet you had a right laugh.
Love those big keys on your card, they are great.
Hugs Lisax

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Brilliant New Home card Beryl - love the shape of the diecut layer, and the keys are a perfect embellishment!
Sylvia xx