Sunday, 22 September 2013

CD Sunday - Snow People


Well it's my turn to choose the theme on this week's CD Sunday challenge again and this time I've gone for 'Snow People'. 'People' because I realise that there are some snow ladies out there too.
For my card I have used a Sheena Douglass stamp for the main image, coloured with watercolours and given some bling with some glamour dust. The snowman himself has a generous layer of Sakura Clear Stardust pen as a wash. It only shows up when looking from an angle. The sentiment is another Sheena Douglass stamp. The corner and border dies are Memory box and the CD element is the backing paper - which comes from the Crafters Companion Walking in the Air CD - but looks incredibly like elephant skin to me - mmm - must remember that if I ever get an elephant stamp.
If you get a chance to join in this week please don't forget to give credit to the CD that has been used in the making of your project.
Thanks very much for visiting today.
Beryl xx

14 comments:

Anne said...

What a lovely card Beryl. See what you mean about the paper but I hadn't noticed it till you mentioned it look like elephant hide! Hugs x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Beryl, I like the image the background and the snowflake dies.
Kevin xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Beryl, love the little scene with the snowman, he's adorable
Claire xx

Christine B. said...

Lovely card Beryl. See what you mean about the paper. Hugs x ChrisB

Juls said...

This is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls xxx

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Beryl, your memory box die cuts are beautiful and I love the soft blue papers.
Great theme this week, I hope to be able to join in.
Pauline
x

Chrissie said...

Love this Beryl!
Gorgeous stamps and I really adore your dies (I'm jealous!)
Chrissie xx

Irene said...

A beautiful Christmas card Beryl, those dies are fantastic. And I agree with you about the backing paper.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A great Christmas card. I really need to get my head focused a little more in that direction!!

You made me smile with your elephant hide backing paper!!!

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

Hi Beryl. Bit late with my visit but got here eventually. I love your snow person and laughed at your elephant paper, that's hilarious.
Hope you've had a good week.
hugs Lisax

Anne said...

Hi Beryl it was cracked ice to me till you mentioned elephants lol - gorgeous card
Anne
x

Pat said...

Lovely card Beryl, great scene with the snowman and houses.

Pat xx

craftimamma said...

One lovely Christmas card Beryl. Love the main image and can imagine the subtle sparkle with the Sakura clear pen ...... I love them as I'm not a glitter fan, it's a bit to 'in your face' for me, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Pamela said...

Thank you for choosing my card as first in your top three. I'm with you on the elephant skin LOL!