Friday, 17 May 2013
Raindrops
This didn't turn out how I pictured it in my head - nothing new there then. I just can't do 'grunge'. I chickened out and ended up sticking a flower on it. First I inked up a piece of white card and ran it through the Grand Calibur with a Mica Mask. I then inked it up with Versamark through the mask and embossed with clear ep. The main image - a Sheena Douglass stamp - I inked with Versamark and embossed with a dark blue ep. The clouds are a Stamp in the Hand stamp. I also used the little raindrops stamp that came with this set and embossed with clear ep. This hardly shows in the photo but IRL it does when the light catches it. I made the little yellow umbrella by using that part of the stamp and a sparkly yellow ep - cutting it out and sticking it on. That's when I decided to add the yellow flower too as the brolly looked a bit lonely being the only dash of yellow. I'm hoping this will cheer up one of my friends who needs a little support at the moment.(another reason why grunge might not have been such a good idea.) What would have been a good idea was to make sure the raindrops were the right way up. Only just noticed and it'too late now!
I'm entering this card into this month's challenge from Stamping Sensations - which is Embossing and Texture.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
What a gorgeous card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
Super card, love the embossed background.
It looks lovely and such a great sentiment Beryl. I am sure it will cheer your friend up. Have a great weekend Beryl. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky
A lovely card, Beryl. I like the embossed rain drops background, it works very well with the main image. Yellow flower and umbrella are a perfect contrast for the blue. Lots of techniques here, all put to excellent effect!
Lovely to see you again at Port Sunlight.
Janet xx
I love the embossed rain drops Beryl, and the wonderful sentiment. It's nice to send something like this when you have a friend who needs cheering a little.
Sue x
love the sentiment!! gorgeous card! Hugs Juls
Great card Beryl, I love the raindrop background (I didn't notice that the raindrops were upside down until you said - you should have kept quiet). I think your yellow flower looks great, it goes well with the little umbrella.
Pauline
x
This is gorgeous Beryl, I like the sentiment the rain drop background and the flower.
Kevin xx
cheerful is better than grunge in my book, love the sentiment .
Another dull day here . Putting the wallpaper up this afternoon , I'm aching after the painting but needs must.
janex
I so like this Beryl. Gorgeous colours and fabulous layout. Love the embossed mask. I cannot do grunge, shabby chic nor any of those type of cards either! I always admire them but don't have the imagination! Michelle x
Post a Comment