Sunday, 19 May 2013
CD Sunday - Go Green
Good morning all. Another week has flown by and still no sign of summer arriving. This week's theme from CD Sunday is 'Go Green'. I think most of the design team have used green - the colour - but there's also been some recycling going on - so you can interpret the theme in your own way if join us. As always - please use something from a CD and give the said CD a mention.
I have used Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion CD for the bp and then over stamped it with a stamp I have wanted for so long - the Hero Arts Leafy Vine. The main image is Sheena's enormous tree stamp. I used Topiary embossing powder for this - it's dark green with some flecks of gold in it. The corner is another Sheena stamp - embossed in black and the sentiment is an EI (Chocolate Baroque) stamp mounted on a Spellbinders label die.
Last week's theme seemed quite popular so I'm hoping this week's one will tickle your fancy too.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Stunning creation Beryl, looks like a framed painting. I am not a fan of using green but always love cards in green.
A beautiful design Beryl, love everything about it.
Hugs xx
Just stunning Beryl, the bp is fabulous, a really good stamp to use. The tree i love and all the embossing,
sue-b xx
Such a beautiful creation Beryl, I love the overstamping on the background paper, and the tree looks gorgeous in the green embossing too.
Sue x
Oh wow Beryl I love this card nice backing paper and the overstamping with the vine stamp suits it perfectly. The tree and corner stamps are gorgeous too.
Janette
Such a majestic tree Beryl. I love the shades of green you have used - esp the background paper.
Carol xx
You know me and trees Beryl and this is one I really love although I've only inked it up a couple of times. But the colours, textures and DP's you have used really compliment it.
B x
Simply stunning card. Love the backing paper and your stamping. Love the tree, I haven't used mine yet. Hugs x ChrisB
What a beautiful elegant card Beryl, the overstamping on the bp is lovely as is the tree image.
Pat xx
Really lovely card, great tree stamp.
beautiful card Beryl. I love that tree!!and the corner.
Kevin xx
Oh what a beautiful tree image Beryl makes a fabulous card.
luv
Debby
Love this!!! Hugs Juls xxx
Wow! what can I add to all those comments above - love the over-stamped bp, really love the tree. beautiful card. Are you going to frame it? It would look fantastic
Gloria x
GDT for May @ CD Sunday
I love this card, sometimes just a simple image works best , like here, the green tree is perfect. I can see why you wanted that vine stamp , it looks lovely with the bp. janex
What a beautiful card Beryl.
HHugs Riet.xx
Hi Beryl
This is one lovely card.
That tree is amazing and I love the vine stamp very much.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
This is lovely Beryl, fabulous image - I love your embossed corner it goes so well with your die cut label.
Pauline
x
I love this card, and the image is beautiful, making a gorgeous card.
Margaret
Hi Beryl.
I've just realised how long it's been since I stopped by. The weeks have flown but that's no excuse. I'm sorry to have missed your lovely cards but have caught up with them all now and they are great. You are giving our Sheena's stamps a good work out. I love the Iris and this tree is stunning. It's a great stamp isn't it.
If you want some of the uncompressed paper to play with, email me your address and I'll pop some in the post!!
Hugs Lisax
This is beautiful Beryl. I have this stamp, as yet unused! Love the way you have stamped on the backing paper and your dies just finish it off so well. Michelle x
Post a Comment