Sunday, 12 May 2013
CD Sunday - Ornate Blossom
I had a lovely day at the Port Sunlight Happy Stampers show yesterday. Of course, I didn't come empty handed so have some new crafty goodies to play with - but not until after the Grand Prix today at least.
This week's challenge at CD Sunday is Ornate Blossom - chosen by Christine. For my card I have used the Debbi Moore Christmas Fairies CD for the main image. It is decoupaged, but I used just a thin layer of glue gel so it's not very raised. Then I gave it all a good coating of Spray and Shine - it looks quite glossy IRL. The background is a piece of white card embossed through the Grand Calibur with a mask/stencil.Corners are Cuttlebug dies and the flower is sitting on a nestie circle. The ribbon is from my stash and I can't remember where it came from.
Hope this week's theme gives you plenty of scope to join in if you can.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Beautiful card Beryl, your Rose is lovely. Like the embossing and the corner die cuts.
Pleased you enjoyed yesterday.
Hugs xx
Gorgeous rose Beryl and love how you have placed it with such a fab layout.xx Flora
What a stunning rose, it looks like it's popping right off of the page. It makes a gorgeous card Beryl.
Sue T x
Beautiful card Beryl,I love the rose the ribbon and the embossing.
Kevin xx
I wish i had gone to port sunlight this time as i'm not far from it, but i am saving for my Canadian trip, but it would have been so nice to meet up. I love your card you just want to touch the rose, beautiful Beryl. xx
A stunning card Beryl that rose just pops off the card.
Glad you had a good day at Port Sunlight.
x
Gloria
GDT for May @ CD Sunday
Beautiful card, love the rose and the background texture. Have a great week.
striking , classic and very elegant, that rose seems to leap from the page.
It was great seeing you yesterday , I've mentioned you in my latest post.
How was your night dancing ? , we had a few g&t's watched the voice and where in bed for 10pm. Have you had a look at the garden cd yet ? janex
A lovely card Beryl, the rose looks so real.
Janette
This is fabulous Beryl, really stunning. The white embossed background is perfect for the main image.
Jocelyn x
What a wonderful card Beryl.
Hugs Riet.xx
This is a stunning card Beryl, your image is gorgeous and I love your ornate corners and ribbon.
Thank you for you kind words regarding my Dad.
Pauline
x
What a fabulous rose card Beryl.
luv
Debby
Good morning Beryl
I am pleased you had a good time at Port Sunlight! Can't wait to see the goodies you came away with!!
Another lovely card from you. You certainly put your CDs to good use. Great embossed background too.
I hope you have a good week. Our weather doesn't sound like it is going to be brilliant but at least we are off to a bright start this morning.
Love Jules xx
Hi glad you had a good day out. Your card is beutiful, love the rose. Hugs x ChrisB
Oh this is just gorgeous Beryl, the flower image is beautiful and I love the corner die you have used.
Pat xx
Beautiful rose image and lovely card
Margaret
Wow Beryl, what a stunning Rose. LOVE the deep red - the white background really makes it "pop".
Pleased you had a great time at Port Sunlight - enjoy your new goodies!
Hugs, Sylvia xx
That really looks so rich and gorgeous Beryl. Beautiful card. Glad you had a lovely time.
gorgeous!! Hugs Juls
Beautiful card Beryl. That rose looks so real, so rich and velvety. The gold touches make it a real Ornate Blossom. Michelle x
Post a Comment