Sunday, 10 February 2013

On your bike - but not that one.


Good morning. Another Sunday - another CD Sunday challenge. We had some lovely entries for last week's Showtime theme and I really enjoyed seeing the different ideas for the theme. This week it's my turn to choose the theme. I've chosen 'On Your Bike' so I hope that gives you plenty of ideas.
For my card I decided to start with my favourite bike stamp - a penny farthing. So stamped it and cut it out ready - then made a background using Serif Daisy Trail Steampunk Travel and Inventor cd's. I printed some of the elements out twice so I could layer them up, added a Spellbinders die cut cog and reached for my stamped image. Yikes - way too small for the background!! So I searched my digikits for bikes and up popped this image from the Steampunk range. So there you have it - not sure I'd feel totally safe on a bike like this - would those propellers have lifted it off the ground in a high wind I'm wondering.
Hope you find time to join in this week.
Thank you for visiting today.
Beryl xx

16 comments:

craftimamma said...

Ha! Ha! see what you mean about that bike Beryl. It's a fab image though and I love your background with all the different elements.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anne said...

Love it Beryl! Hugs x

Crafty Lark said...

Waw, waw, love the whole card and those screw heads are awesome, I will need to see if I have this in my very ignored CA. xx Flora

pinky said...

That is just super amazing Beryl. Great theme for the challenge and you certainly have set the bar high mrs.

Crafting Queen said...

Really wonderful card, love the image and the different elements you used. Have a great Sunday. :)

cotnob said...

Fab card Beryl, I love your background and fab image, I don't think I fancy a ride on it either - looks a bit dangerous!
Great theme this week and for once I know exactly what I'm going to do!
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this Beryl, brilliant image and I like the cog background.
Kevin xx

Christine B. said...

A fantastic background and a great card. Hugs x ChrisB

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant card absolutely perfect for a pesky mans card.
luv
debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

bike that flies, like that idea. Great steam punk style card. Must enter this challenge , sick of a the valentine stuff, I don't even send one to Bob.I have lots of bike stamps and dies.
Hope the snows gone,none here, just cold. janex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

Terrie said...

What a lovely card, it reminds me of the film "Back to the Future" for some reason. The muted colours are perfect for this card.
Terrie
x

Irene said...

A brilliant card Berly, and just perfect for a male.
luv
irene
xxxx

lisa said...

Hi Beryl
I'm so late getting to you this week, sorry about that. Love Love Love this card, what a brilliant image, I'd love one of those for getting about.
The way you've layered it with all the cogs and steampunk bits is great too.
Thank you for your lovely comments and you wondered about that big stamp I was using.. it's a Stampin Up Medallion stamp and it is huge. I love it and use it all the time.
Hope you are having a good week and didn't have too much snow yesterday.
hugs Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

A brilliant male card.

Fabulous background .. .. you had me with the penny farthing bike to start with LOL!!

I hope all is good with you.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Juls said...

ooooh this is just fabulous!! Hugs Juls