Monday, 13 September 2010

Simple Variations




I'm trying to get back into the swing of things by entering a couple of challenges with a very simple card done in different colours to suit the challenge (and to get some fairly quick Christmas cards done. I have got well behind over the last few months.) The first is for Rainbow Lady's challenge this week to use 'black,white and silver'and the second is for the Bah Humbug challenge to use your 'favourite medium'. Well, this has to be rubber stamps and Distress inks. The main stamp is by Serendipity and the silver swirl on the first card is by Personal Impressions.
Phew - it's so long since I posted it was just like starting all over again. Thanks for visiting.
Beryl xx

23 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Well Beryl long time or not you have not lost your talent as these are two gorgeous cards. Just shows how different they can look using the same stamp. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Beryl,
It's great to have you back posting again. You were missed. These cards are gorgeous. The images are fabulous. It's amazing the difference the colour can make.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi ya Beryl
lovely to see you back hun, hope you ok, two gorgeous cards, luv the B/W, sue,x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Beryl - a huge welcome back! It's so nice to see you blogging again - hope everything is OK.
This image is stunning, and creates a beautiful and peaceful winter scene - I love both colourways.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

pinky said...

Well Beryl its just so lovely to see you back in blog land again!! Hope you are keeping well, you have been soooo missed. Love your two gorgeous cards, what a beautiful image.
Pinky

chris said...

Hi Beryl, I have missed you.
your work is so gorgeous pleased your getting in a christmas mode, I keep having a go at it but its just to early for me, I will be better when I get my sons Birthday over then I can do it!
hugs chris xxx

Annie said...

oh my goodness I love that stamp and how brilliant to see it used in two ways - just beautiful. Really simple but both are gorgeous.
Can't choose a favourite.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

lisa said...

Hi Beryl. These are simply gorgeous. What a beautiful stamp. It's so detailed it doesn't need much adding to it does it, patterns would detract. I love it. Might have to look out for this one!!
Lovely to catch up with you again. I hope things are ok with you.
Hugs Lisax

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Beryl.

Hugs Riet.xx

themessycraftroom said...

Gorgeous cards, love both of them . ChrisB

Janet said...

What lovely cards, Beryl. Glad to see you back in the saddle again! Love anything with deer - such a nice stamp.

Janet xx

Babs said...

Your card is beautiful beryl a real wintery scene for a christmas card, i think it is brrr illiant.

Babs x

Jules said...

Hi Beryl

Nice to see you back here again with your lovely creations.

You might think they are very simple .. .. I think they are very nice.

I hope you are ok.

Love Jules xx

Crafting Queen said...

Two beautiful cards, just love the second one! Have a great day. :)

Irene said...

Hello Beryl

I am so pleased you are back blogging - I've missed your gorgeous cards. And what return, your two cards are stunning. I love the different moods each card shows with the coloured inks - I have to admit my favorite is the first one - simple they may be but stunning.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah!Humbug!

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous Beryl, beautiful scene and colours!
Clairex

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Beryl, so nice to see you posting again, I've missed your lovely cards.

Pat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Beryl how lovely to see you back in the land of blog, have missed you. I am loving both your cards simple but beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Martha said...

YAY....You're back ! Missed your cards this last few months. But I took a holiday from my blog for a couple of months too, so I know how it goes. As I study these two different but same image cards, I am drawn to the dark frame around the first and that extra silver flourish in the bottom left corner makes it so elegant. This image is so peaceful looking. Fabulously done!

Love and blessings, Martha

Lavender Rose said...

Oh welcome back Beryl, love that stamp, it's beautiful and you made two great cards with it. The swirl stamp on the first one is pretty too.

Juls said...

Hi Beryl,

Good to see you again, have missed you!! Love your cards! They both look fab! simple yet stylish!! Hugs Juls

Max said...

Oh Beryl - we have missed you and it's lovely to see you bring us such beautiful cards for our 'favourites' challenge. That snowy forest stamp is absolutely stunning in both colourways. Thank ou for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Dawn said...

Stunning cards great little scene - I LOVE Serendipity stamps they are so beautiful!

Hugs
Dawn
x